Full NRMP Registration Guide for Radiology Fellowship Applicants
Why Do You Need to Beat the NRMP Registration Deadline?
The NRMP or National Resident Matching Program is a not for profit organization that will help you to match with your preferred residency or fellowship program. It provides a fair method of assigning places to applicants by comparing your preference list to that of the programs themselves helping each to be matched to the other.
You do not however put your application details or make your formal application through the Match. This is done through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) which is part of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). All of your application details are placed here and the different programs will create their preference list of candidates that have applied from the information that they take from this system.
To ensure that you are considered for the match you will need to ensure that all of the information that is required is uploaded and that you register to all of the different programs at the right time. If your information is not uploaded you cannot apply to the programs that are available and if you have not applied you cannot form your preference list.
What Do You Have to Upload for ERAS
ERAS starts in May for residency applications and in June for fellowship applications. Once the season is open you must get your ERAS token from the EFDO (ERAS Fellowship Documents Office). You can then use that token to register your MyERAS account through AAMC. Once you have access you can then start to upload all of your specific requirements for your applications:
- The MyERAS fellowship application document.
- Personal statement; you can personalize them and upload more than one to target different specialties or programs.
- Letters of Recommendation (LoR); you have to create a list of authors and you will be presented with a letter to send to each requesting your LoR.
- Your medical school transcripts.
- MSPE; your Medical School Performance Evaluation.
- USMLE; United States Medical Licensing Examination results.
- PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter) or California letter if you wish to apply there
- ECFMG status report for overseas applicants (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
NRMP Deadlines and Process
The following are some of the key dates and the process for applying to your fellowship places through ERAS and the Match:
Key Dates for ERAS:
- Get your ERAS token from the EFDO and open your MyERAS account to start uploading your application documentation.
- You can start to apply to programs through ERAS for the July application cycle
- You can make applications for December cycle fellowship programs
Key Dates and process for the Match for Radiology Fellowships (note that NRMP deadlines for other fellowships will all vary):
- Opening of the Match for Radiology Fellowships.
- You can submit your rank order list indicating your order of preference for the programs that you are applying to.
- Quota change deadline.
- Deadline for submission of your rank order list.
- Match day; your rank order list will be compared to how each program has ranked the applicants that they have received. The algorithm will provide you with a match to the program that best suits you and the needs of the programs that you have applied to.
We Can Help with Your NRMP Registration
We are a highly specialized and very professional service that can provide you with help throughout your radiology residency personal statement application. We employ experts that fully understand all aspects of your ERAS and NRMP process as well as holding postgraduate degrees in the field in which you yourself are applying. All work is done through direct communication and our staff can provide you with everything from coaching through to writing and editing services.
All services are fully tailored to your specific needs and we will only provide work that is 100% free of plagiarism and errors. We provide free proofreading on all services to ensure that no errors can slip through. We also provide you with a full satisfaction money back guarantee and on time delivery so that you can order from us with confidence.